Absa Bank Opens For Job Recruitment. The bank is looking for Head DCM and IB Business Development Manager.
Responsible for originating debt capital markets and broader IBD transactions in collaboration with Client Coverage and Product partners in the UK, ARO and South Africa. This role is to ensure that Absa has a seamless integrated Investment Banking product offering for its clients in Ghana, with a primary focus on DCM and Public Sector.
Deal Origination – Time split 40%
- Identify and source IBD opportunities in Ghana. The primary key focus is on the driving of the origination of significant event driven mandated fee revenues deals across the IBD suite of products including:
- M&A advisory
- Capital market raisings across debt and equity including equity derivatives, structured equity
- Bank debt raising
- Risk solutions
- Arrange, prepare for and present at client meetings with key government officials (Ministry of Finance, Treasury Department, Ministry of Budget, Public Debt Department etc) and senior management in banks and corporates (CEO, CFO, Treasurer)
- Co-ordinate with Client Coverage teams to engage with Ghanaian clients to establish their debt financing needs.
- Work directly with these clients to structure, present and negotiate debt solutions to meet their requirements. Actively market these solutions to clients’ key decision makers.
- Collaborate with the IBD teams in the UK, South Africa and other group presence countries to ensure consistent and co-ordinated product origination, structuring and execution.
- Co-ordinate with the Syndicate team to structure, price and arrange transactions for distribution (in bi-lateral, capital markets or derivative format).
- Advise clients on a wide range of capital structure decisions and financing alternatives. Work together with the Johannesburg-based team in providing rating advisory services to clients to order to facilitate access to both onshore and offshore debt capital markets, and other financing/balance sheet optimisation opportunities.
- Prepare innovative and thought-leading content, leveraging Research, Syndicate and Sales.
- Develop strategic initiatives for the area as agreed with the Head of WA IBD.
- Drive the implementation of strategic initiatives, managing resources within and outside Global Finance across multiple jurisdictions.
- Work with Investment Banking team to develop financing solutions for Ghanaian clients undertaking large scale local or cross-border M&A, capital raising or financing transactions.
- Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on origination activity.
- Lead the decisions with regards to the area’s product development and engage with other stakeholders across the firm to create synergies and leverage off other distribution channels with the aim of increasing profitability.
- Co-ordinate with internal and external counsel to negotiate legal documents with clients and ensure these comply with market standards, reflect the commercial credit approved terms of the transaction and appropriately address risk areas identified.
- Read and apply compliance policies and procedures and work with the compliance team to ensure these are adhered to.
- Report on market conditions, market deal activity, origination activity, mandated pipeline, and executed transactions.
- Together with Syndicate and Sales, engaging regularly with the fixed income investors community locally (pension funds, hedge funds, insurance, banks and private banks) to understand investor appetite.
- Work very closely with Syndicate to position Absa’s offering and market transactions to these investors.
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities such as hedging solutions (cross currency swaps, interest rate swaps, hedging commodities)
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Opens For Job Recruitment – How To Apply
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED