Here is the Absa Bank Job Recruitment For October 2022. The company seeks to hire a Business & Governance Officer.
Reporting to the Head, Markets, the Business Manager has the responsibility of providing focus in business direction through planning and driving financial performance, business management, performance management and elaborate MI processes of the Markets business. The role holder is also the principal point of contact with other business functions and External Auditors on performance related matters and projects.
This also involves keeping an eye on industry evolution, competitive dynamics and the identification of opportunities that Absa can seize in the marketplace.
- This requires the role holder to have regular contact with Country Finance teams and other business and support functions to proactively set and agree performance drivers. Tracking, monitoring, analyzing and reviewing progress against targets and making recommendations to the Head of Markets and the wider team members. The role holder is therefore expected to have a broad knowledge of the Markets products and financial planning, and a believer in budget and performance discipline.
- The Role holder also manages all Governance and Compliance issues. Also acts as a liaison with Compliance Department on compliance and regulatory issues, Audit Department on Audit Issues and Operational Risk and Management Assurance on Risk Issues
Enabling Decision making/Strategy Formulation and implementation
Time Split %: 45
- Drives strategy formulation and delivery through formal qualitative and quantitative analytics, problem framing, value chain assessments and market opportunity identification.
- Support Head of Markets in the delivery of aligned business strategy that takes account of financial performance, Function health [5Cs], balance sheet & risk management and attainment of required goals and objectives.
- Evaluate, interpret, distribute and redistribute where necessary relevant information being brought to the Head of Markets & Treasurer attention to ensure that the Head’s time is not taken up by operational issues.
- Take personal accountability for resolving issues lodged directly with the Head of Markets & Treasurer
- Advise the Head of Markets on on-going issues and programmes to address these in the business unit and set up a process for monitoring
- Continuously monitor the overall Business Performance (Finance, Risk, Compliance, Change, HR) of the business unit and advise the Head of Market of any possible deviations and the actions that have been created by the business units to address these
- Conduct ongoing assessments of market and competitive landscape e.g. mergers, top competitors, identification of clear water/white space opportunities and seizing them to determine suitability for the business to venture in.
- In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams
- Continuously monitor the potential impact of new tactical plans on the reputation risk of the department and the Bank and advise Head of Markets on appropriate action to take to minimise the risk
- Specific responsibility for Strategic Planning and Financial Analysis of Specific Projects
- Develop and drive key strategic activities in the Head of Market’s office ensuring overall fit with business strategy in context of overall Africa Markets strategy.
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a persuasive and thoughtful manner.
- Support Head of Markets to achieve Customer service standards/experience and building Absa Market profile/reputation within the country and sub-region whilst maintaining strong business relationships in and outside Absa.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How To Apply For The Absa Bank Job Recruitment For October 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED